Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss I've got homework... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

Had to have a look at a toilet syphon today,

1st syphon worked when it wanted and the 2nd one I put in didn't work at all,

Just turned into a saga as these simple jobs sometimes do!

I explained to my customer that I was at the end of my tether with the damn thing and that I had lost my sense of humour completely, which, is not easy.

They have another toilet in the house, so, I came home with the cistern, after explaining my problems the customer said, ''yep the last plumber never got it working correctly. Thats why we called you''

Anyway went away bought a fluidmaster flapper thing, all gone together nicely and fitted well. I'll never use a syphon again!

I could have gone to buy one and then gone back to the house but the parking is hellish and I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Don't you just hate the simple job that'll only take you an hour!:willy_nilly:

I need alcohol:pimp2:

Once took a blocked pan home from a doctors surgery as they where closing. Finally managed to get the disposable nappy out, took the pan back the next morning and refitted. :)

Once took a blocked pan home from a doctors surgery as they where closing. Finally managed to get the disposable nappy out, took the pan back the next morning and refitted. :)

I don't think I'd be smiling doing that job anyway !

Didn't mind it as it was all wrapped up and it was a nice summers evening. It was worse going back a couple of months later to the same toilet when I had to drag out ripped up squares of towel that somebody had wiped their rs on.

That made me laugh.. Takeaway plumbing service! lol

Had to have a look at a toilet syphon today,

1st syphon worked when it wanted and the 2nd one I put in didn't work at all,

Just turned into a saga as these simple jobs sometimes do!

I explained to my customer that I was at the end of my tether with the damn thing and that I had lost my sense of humour completely, which, is not easy.

They have another toilet in the house, so, I came home with the cistern, after explaining my problems the customer said, ''yep the last plumber never got it working correctly. Thats why we called you''

Anyway went away bought a fluidmaster flapper thing, all gone together nicely and fitted well. I'll never use a syphon again!

I could have gone to buy one and then gone back to the house but the parking is hellish and I couldn't see the wood for the trees.

Don't you just hate the simple job that'll only take you an hour!:willy_nilly:

I need alcohol:pimp2:
start keeping these as van stock

Fluidmaster Button Cable Dual Flush & Bottom Inlet | Compare online at Bizrate.co.uk!
i have not changed a siphon for ages

Last edited by a moderator:
Fluidmaster push-button flush valves are ÂŁ11.59 in screwfix and ÂŁ22.99 in my local B+Q.

Watertight - Get yourself a Plumbfix account mate, they are even cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I've got homework... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My toilet flush is very weak & can't really even flush a few sheets of toilet paper away. A syphon flush, not a flapper. Up until a few days ago...
Replies
Views
Hi all, So I did a job for a customer recently which involved swapping out an incredibly dangerous and poorly installed unvented hot water...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
This maybe isn't so much about asking for advice as giving it 🤔 I had a leaking HW cylinder (23 years old) that I got fed up patching up with...
Replies
Views
Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock