Discuss Is this work acceptable (pics)? Central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks no different to me than most of the plastic plumbing I see done.
A mess, & what probably was an straight forward job in copper. Tends to look like a temporary job. Builder is responsible & he may not have paid the plumber much.
Guess that's all the plastic users offended! :smile:

15mm Speedfit pipe MUST be clipped with plastic spacer clips every 300mm on horizontal runs. Sorry but that job is a mess and as someone else has said, I'd have done it in copper and with soldered joints, especially in areas that have limited access.

A mess, & what probably was an straight forward job in copper. Tends to look like a temporary job. Builder is responsible & he may not have paid the plumber much.
Guess that's all the plastic users offended! :smile:
No need to apologise, I totally agree.

The builder hasn't brought in a plumber, it's a builders diy job. Interesting that in pics 3 and 4 that the rad flow and return come off the same pipe. Or thats what it looks like. Might need looking at :)

In pictures 3 & 4 are flow and return off the same pipe? picture 1 looks like they haven't clean the pipe before inserting into fitting has it been pressure tested

the newer speed fit doesnt need collets as the fittings twist lock
depending on where this pipework is it may need lagging
in truth no one clips correctly when shoving heating under floors be it copper or plastic personally i like to get a few nail ons on to plastic to stop it moving as the heat goes on other wise it will snake around

As people are saying, it'll no doubt function as needed but just looks like a typical rush job. Shame really. Wanna make sure those two little bits of uncovered copper are protected prior to closing the floor.

thats a right mess looks like lazy cack work,how the hell do they plan on getting the board back down in pic 2?

picture 2 shows no regard or knowledge of building regs for where to drill or notch a joist.
hand't noticed the one pipe before kept looking at pictures 3 + 4, and yes looks like the same run of pipe set up as a one pipe system or at least that bit.
I think you were perfectly justified to query the quality of the work, it is poor.:thumbs_down:

ps - welcome to the forum

Last edited:
I generally ask the customer (or the builder who is paying me) if they want copper or plastic and explain the upsides and downsides of both (copper is more expensive and more labour intensive but will last for decades if installed correctly, plastic is quicker so even though very similar in price to copper (including the fittings) will work out cheaper, but the rodents love to eat it, the fittings can blow off and generally looks a dogs bollx. Copper everytime for me unless, told different

Do rodents really chew plastic???

I had a squirrel nesting in my loft once and it totally stripped the insulation off all the electric cables god knows how it never electrocuted itself or started a fire , never touched the pipes tho .

You beat me to that one Best. Pretty par for the course where plastics are concerned, left like a dogs breakfast.

To the OP.
You are the one paying for it so regardless of what anyone else thinks, if you don't think it is acceptable get it sorted.

I was just looking ove 3 & 4 again and it does look suspicously like a 1pipe!!! but who put new 1pipe systems in these days???

need to have a proper look at thet if I were you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is this work acceptable (pics)? Central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back