Discuss Is this really safe ? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

This is a flue from a boiler, just installed by Borthwick. We were worried that this was dangerous so called out BG. They say it is not dangerous but the boiler has been certified as “at risk”. We are trying to get them back, but its not easy. C**b*ys comes to mind. CO monitor nearby.2e6efda2-d206-4df8-99db-33c62dedff1f.jpeg

It is definitely a fault that needs rectifying, especially if it has just been installed. The part of the flue that is exposed is the air duct, so assuming the exhaust, internal, section is correctly installed it won't create an immediate danger. However, an 'at risk' certification would suggest you do not use the appliance until the fault has been rectified.
If you are struggling to get them to return contact Gas Safe and ask them to inspect the installation as you have concerns. They will make the installer sort any defects found or risk losing their registration.

Reply to Is this really safe ? in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Morning all, I am just about to begin doing more installs of combi boilers, I am gas safe but just never really done a lot of installs due to...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock