Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is this a isolation valve? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Is this a isolation valve?

Washing Machine Valve.jpg

However, if operated there is a very high chance that it will then leak through the spindle as it is old and rusty and the oring will almost certainly tear.
I would turn the main stopcock off and replace that valve if it were mine.

Reply to Is this a isolation valve? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone please tell me where I might purchase a 90° bend 15mm x 22mm Isolating Valve Thanks and Regards. Hugh
Replies
Views
Hi, Throughout our house there are numerous isolation valves which are on almost every plumbing fixture. Clearly whoever plumbed this had a thing...
Replies
Views
Hello, Is it ok to use a full bore isolation valve to isolate a hot and cold feed to taps or should I use a service restricted bore. I’m thinking...
Replies
Views
Hi, The isolation valve feeding my toilet cistern was leaking. After considerable effort, I was able to lift up the cistern to put an O-ring...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock