Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Is there anywhere in the North West that does Commercial Refresher courses? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryster

Just wondered if anyone knew of anywhere in the North West that can do me a refresher course for my CIGA1.
Basically im booked in at Sgas Blackpool for Friday for an assesment and open book exam.
Now Im not worried in the slightest by the open book, or really the assesment.

My main worry is that I will do it the way I have been doing it, which although safe, may not be the way or in the order Sgas expect me to do it.

So I feel I could be doing with maybe an hour or two training just to get me upto speed on the exact and precise way of servicing the boiler.
Im aware I will just follow the instructions for servicing it, and the fault finding on the various safety devices such as controls like flame rectification, UV, Pressure switches and stat etc doesnt worry me at it, its just Im not sure on how THEY will want me to do it.

Do they want me to test the pipework before I service?
Will they expect me to use a different manometer for adjusting the burner pressure?
Will they want me to turn off the gas before I open the boiler up then turn it on?

I have heard so many different ways that people have had to do these courses that Im worried that my knowledge of servicing boilers and testing them is now not the way to do it.

The unfortunate thing is Sgas dont do any refresher course, just a straight on assesment and exam.
Now it been almost 4 years since doing my commercial gas, and although I have used it almost daily and I have been involved with people servicing and commisioning boilers I could really do with a refresher.

So if anyone could give me any help, on somewhere in the North West that will do a refresher course, Or if someone could even give me a run down of exactly how I should service this boiler on Friday I would appreciate it greatly.

could try hybrid technical services in bootle liverpool they do commercial gas,prity shaw they do it 0151 524 2951 ask for kenny or jason

nobody is going to do a couple of hrs training with you to show you how to pass an assessment in another centre, you book assessment only cause you know what you are doing or you book training and assessment if you need clarification, training is usually 1-2 days depending on ewhat you know,

nobody is going to do a couple of hrs training with you to show you how to pass an assessment in another centre, you book assessment only cause you know what you are doing or you book training and assessment if you need clarification, training is usually 1-2 days depending on ewhat you know,

Sorry if my original post wasn't clear enough. I'm not looking for someone to show me how to pass an assessment in another centre.

Sgas don't do the training.
I need the clarification on what I'm doing, hence why I'm after somewhere in the North West that does both training and assessment. Most places down south seem to offer half a days training and half days assessment.
This is exactly what I need as I'm unsure as to what I'm doing being right or wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Is there anywhere in the North West that does Commercial Refresher courses? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock