Discuss Introduction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

brum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi there originally from Birmingham I moved to the Isle of Arran some 12 years ago I am a plumber to trade and would like advice/training on oil fired appliance servicing I have fitted 30-40 oil boilers so installation is not a problem just servicing thanks for reading

Brum, as in the wee car from the kids tv series? Blimey, fallen on hard times if you're into the heating game....

Hi there originally from Birmingham I moved to the Isle of Arran some 12 years ago I am a plumber to trade and would like advice/training on oil fired appliance servicing I have fitted 30-40 oil boilers so installation is not a problem just servicing thanks for reading

In my mind, if you can fit and commission a boiler correctly then the ability to repair and service them is a small step on, as understanding how to commission a boiler means you have the knowledge on how they work therefore a good idea of where to look when they dont. If though you just install them and get someone else to commission them you need to get your oftec quals and go on a couple of manufacturers courses to learn the ropes.

Servicing an oil boiler is like making love to a fat smelly greasy old hag who insists on smoking dog turds while she is on top. Take big hammer and a selection of cold chisels, grinders with a bradded wire brush head and some grinding discs.

As I am in Scotland there is no legislation for OFTEC also the guy I was working for done all the comm and servicing I purely installed.Now I have become self employed looking to service oil boilers with the very definite route of going down the rayburn/aga thanks for your advice do need to contact manufactures

Welcome along :)

Nice to hear from a fellow smelly, I mean oily :)

blob.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Introduction in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock