Discuss interesting fault with combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
just started getting a very strange phenomenon when using the taps in the understairs toilet. If one turns on both taps at the same time, the system starts thumping and the water comes out in spurts. If one then turns off one tap the other stops also. But no where else in the house. It's not mixer taps either, seperate hot and cold.

Am sure I have read of this fault on here before but I cannot seem to drag it up in the posts.

Are they new taps? I replaced some for a custard and they suffered really weird vibrations and water spurts at both hot and cold. Replaced the guts of both taps and problem sorted.

No, not new taps. I fitted them with the boiler last yr. I am also thinking the taps as it is only these ones which have the issue. I am confused why both taps are affected when its seperate hot and cold taps. Not a mixer

its like not enough water flow to boiler, the taps are 't'ed from the rise to boiler from mains so plenty of cold then when hot taps on there is not enough to fill boiler!

that would cause air spurts?????

are they cheaper 1/4 turn ceramics, Ive had weird experiences when they wear, of one turning the other on when closing etc, renewed guts and all ok for a while

its like not enough water flow to boiler, the taps are 't'ed from the rise to boiler from mains so plenty of cold then when hot taps on there is not enough to fill boiler!

that would cause air spurts?????

But it has been fine for a yr now. So why would it just start happening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to interesting fault with combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock