Search the forum,

Discuss Installing underfloor heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yiano1234

Hi, I am looking to install some underfloor heating to a conservatory. There is a kickspace heater in the kitchen which I intend to tee into and use for the underfloor heating.

Is it just a case of putting 2 rad valves on then running the pipework up and down in coils before screeding?

Would an additional pump be required? The room is only going to be 5m - 3m.

It it a fully pumped system with F & E tank. Does this matter as I have only previously seen underflooor heating on pressurised systems.

Many Thanks

Do not connect underfloor direct to heating system, it is not a diy job and requires the use of blending/ mixing valves and controls to limit the temperature of the floor.

A electric underfloor matting may be a better option

Eco

i have installed quite a few underfloor heatings and they have only been on pressurised systems, you should do it through a manifold also not using rad valves, undefloor heating should also be on a zone valve so can control each manifold

Might want to check out the Uponor Push 12. I agree with ecowarm tought, might want to consider electric. Not as efficent but easier to install.

If you have a conservatory with glass all round and a glass roof, it always seems pretty daft puting heating in there as all your doing is trying to keep your neighbours warm at great expense to you. Not being a killjoy but people in this country of ours seem to have forgotten that coservastories were originally for keeping flowers in and now we are trying too keep humans in them all year round and they arent very good at that, especially in the snow when the rads freeze up!!!!!!!!!

You are right oldplumber but he might be trying to counter act the reduced global tempratures. He's helping save the planet and keep the economy going single handedly by spending all his money on heat:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing underfloor heating? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock