Search the forum,

Discuss Installing shower pump on existing system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TomLane

Need to install a shower pump on an existing gravity system that already has a power shower installed also with appropriate hot & cold feeds.

The shower pump will be for a shower in an en-suite on the other side of the house.

I can't get my head round if it's possible with the current setup & what, if any alterations would need to be made.

what do you mean by power shower ( this is a term people use for anything but electric) do you mean mixer. should be ok if pumps sized appropriately.

It's a Mira & it's definitely a power shower. My understanding of power shower is one that takes hot & cold feed, mixes to desired temp & pumped with a small internal pump.

Or are u bopping in a new pump? Remember to increase cws size.

New separate pump to a separate shower.

Existing power shower already has been teed in to the hot supply coming from the cylinder, near to the top. As is done normally with flange on top.

Can I add a second shower/pump outlet?

Provided the cold storage is big enough you can have two but that little pump might take a while if its over t'other side of house..

So I would add a second tee to the pipework coming from the flange for the second shower?

Do you think that even a Stuart Turner Monsoon or Monsoon extra would take a while?

When I say it's on the other side of the house, it's probably no more than 10-15 feet from airing cupboard.

15 feet nothing! I would want a flange in wall of cylinder two pumps will suck the 22mm dryer than a nuns funt .

It's top entry flange if that makes a difference & it's only a small internal pump on the power shower with the likelihood of both being used at the same time is slim!

For the extra ÂŁ20 or so i would wop in a side entry for the addition. You wouldn't want custard to be demanding you sort it.

If your gonna pump the power shower then put pressure reducing valves on the hot and cold and set them low cos you,ll blow the internals. just go for a pumped mixer with a strapped on cws tank..

Wanted to avoid pumping the power shower, that's the bit I couldn't get my head round!

Thats the thing about power showers there supposed to suck and pump rather than have water forced into em..:smiley2:

Can you split the gravity feeds to the current power shower?

I'd rather not touch that pipework, the husband installed it so I'd rather steer clear! ;-)

You don't pump the Mira ?

It's a gravity power shower, pumps internal to the shower.

Thats the thing about power showers there supposed to suck and pump rather than have water forced into em..:smiley2:

I knew I didn't want to pump the supply to the power shower, it was how do I supply the pump with the feeds off the existing pipework!

again the little pump in the shower will work albeit with lag but like ermitruude said look at the draw off because you may need a bigger cws.

You don't in short leave that mess alone. New cwc and a new flange. Bolt on a 50gal headder to hwc to ensure it don't run out or add a coffin and take cold from it too.

I'd happily replace it, but would just rather not adjust it so point taken! :)

its one of those stickies no matter what you do the cws will need to be upped. and it's up to you for the power or mixer + pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing shower pump on existing system. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock