Discuss Inlet valve in cistern will not sit tight to bottom of cistern. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That has made my day.

I can not thank you enough.

All i have to do now is work out how to cut the pipe. As you can see from pic, it is sitting tight against wall.

Any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Does my cut have to be perfectly flat?

Is there a flexible hose I could use instead of a straight chrome isolation valve? That will fit onto the cut pipe.

Gas safe. I appreciate what you are saying.

I would normally replace the valve myself. I cannot afford to pay £80 for such a simple job.

I just paid this week, over £600 to a local plumber to fit the saniflo. It took him just over 1 hour. So I do support local plumbers.

Thanks Kozak.

Due to the space issue. Can I connect a flexible hose to the chrome straight isolation valve that Best suggested.

Call a plumber. It's a 10min job. It will cost you more to buy all the proppr gear than it would for a plumber to do it.

Can do, they make a female to female which will fit onto the male thread of the ball valve then take the nut off the ballofix valve and the female will fit. Curl the flexi in a loop if it is quite close.

Glenwills. I can not afford to pay £80 for ten minutes work. I just spent over £600 on a saniflo installation. To a plumber who said he was local, but actually lived on the other side of London somewhere.

I would give an arm or a leg to find a plumber who is as helpful as those on here.

Thanks to other advice I feel as though I can do it.

If I fail, I will have to call a plumber? But no one has money to throw away on a simple job?

To try anything else is a mistake. You need the pipe cut. The others are right in saying use a local plumber. Safer. It is a few minute job for a pro (so maybe an hour charge just) & it will have cost you a lot getting materials & time.

Can do, they make a female to female which will fit onto the male thread of the ball valve then take the nut off the ballofix valve and the female will fit. Curl the flexi in a loop if it is quite close.

That's why I hadn't suggested a flexi - apart from I distrust & hate them, I thought it might be too long & wouldn't advise flexis bent more than 90 degree.

Thank you Kozak and all on here.

I am not looking to take money out of the hands of Plumbers. I am merely trying to make ends meet, as we all are.

If anyone that has given me helpful advice, lives in or near Enfield then please let me know. I and my extended family would be happy to use you exclusively.

Again, Thank you so much.

I will post this site on my blogger page and on facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inlet valve in cistern will not sit tight to bottom of cistern. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock