Search the forum,

Discuss I'm not a plumber. Crack PVC sewer pipe advice sought. Thanks. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi folks. I'm just doing some DIY and I'm not a plumber. I accidentally cracked a pvc sewer pipe and want to repair. I am aware that I can do so using two collars and a length of identical diameter pipe, however, I want to be sure to buy the right size.

My pipe seems to be around 115mm diameter end to end. It's hard to measure as it is circular. I post an image below to give a rough idea. Could somebody tell me what kind of pipe this is, please and thanks? :)

(It would be a bonus if someone could point me to a store that might post the required pipe/collars to Ireland?).

Thanks in advance for any tips!

20200330_135639.jpg

Ive never plumbed in Ireland but over here it would be 110mm if it's plastic (often referred to as 4inch )
First job though is clear all the rubble out of it and stop more rubble falling in while you excavate carefully to expose the pipe fully.
It'll need exposing to fix it and once it's exposed you can measure the circumference with s bit of string and use pi to get the diameter but your local independent plumbers merchant will be best placed to advise on materials.

Here you go bit more digging needed cut a section of pipe out and replace . Kop

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200405-165258_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200405-165258_Chrome.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20200405-164752_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200405-164752_Chrome.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 10
Ive never plumbed in Ireland but over here it would be 110mm if it's plastic (often referred to as 4inch )
First job though is clear all the rubble out of it and stop more rubble falling in while you excavate carefully to expose the pipe fully.
It'll need exposing to fix it and once it's exposed you can measure the circumference with s bit of string and use pi to get the diameter but your local independent plumbers merchant will be best placed to advise on materials.
Thanks for the tip. Yes, I must dig all around it to repair it. Appreciate it!
[automerge]1586111004[/automerge]
Here you go bit more digging needed cut a section of pipe out and replace . Kop
Great. Thanks so much! Do I only require one coupler as one end of the 3m pipe you posted seems to secure one end?

Thanks

Reply to I'm not a plumber. Crack PVC sewer pipe advice sought. Thanks. in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock