Discuss Idiots on the phone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I had my first idiot call me up today for a while.

Phone rings, I answer:

Idiot - I this the plumbing and heating people
Me - Yes it is.
Idiot - Do you do free estimates
Me - Yes I do depending on what is required, system upgrade etc etc.
Idiot - Great well can you stop by at some point?
Me - Yes, what is it you want the estimate for?
Idiot - Well I have a problem with my shower, its either scalding hot or too cold I cant seem to get the temperature right. What does that say to you?
Me - That says that you need a breakdown visit to diagnose the problem and advise on the best solution.
Idiot - Is that still free or do you charge for that?
Me - Yes there is a minimum charge of one hours labour to diagnose the problem.
Idiot - Why cant you just tell me over the phone this is bloody ridiculous.

He then hung up on me.

I had half a mind to call him back and have a rant at him, but thought better of it in the end. It has certainly wound me up a bit though.

Im not worried about the work, I have more than enough work at the moment. I just don't like people calling me up and being rude and then hanging up on me haha. At least give me the chance to be rude back.

Phone him back next time you are up at daft o clock in the morning and ask if he managed to get it sorted. :)

It was like the muppet today who nearly ran into the side of me. He was in the wrong lane in the roundabout, yet he was the one flashing his lights and pipping his horn. For some reason he declined my invitation to pull over and explain the error of his ways.

I ring them back up and then hang up. It makes me feel so much better. Then bar there number.

I'd phone him back and say sorry that you got cut off, tell him your charge and when he says he isn't paying that ask him why he's wasting your time and hang up. Then block the feckers number!

Write his number on a public toilet wall or pop an ad somewhere offering something very expensive ludicrously cheap with his details.

Write his number on a public toilet wall or pop an ad somewhere offering something very expensive ludicrously cheap with his details.

Iphone 5 unwanted upgrade still in box need cash urgently will take first offer over £100
That should do it

Iphone 5 unwanted upgrade still in box need cash urgently will take first offer over £100
That should do it
What was it someone posted the other day 50 jazz mags and some used undies free to collector

That should do it

Reminds me of a stunt I pulled years ago, I cant remember what he bloke did to pi** me off, but I stuck an ad in the local paper (bradford) advertising on his phone number a Datsun (yes its that long ago) cherry for about £100, every car in Bradford at the time was a Datsun, how I would have loved to see the fall-out from that . LOL

Back in the days before www we clubbed together and put an ad in the Lonely Hearts section of the local rag, said nothing but waited for our mate to raise the subject during a tea / lunch break. It was B.hard to keep a straight face while he told us about it.

LOL, three years on the trot I sent my bezzy mate a valentine card, his missis got a right strop on, he still does not know it was me LOL

A subscription of leather joy boys was a present to one of our pals ,Funny he never mentioned it until one day in the pub his exflatmate bought in his post inc this mag brill should have seen his face.Remember the blue oyster club from police acadamy priceless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Idiots on the phone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock