Discuss Idiots on the phone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I had my first idiot call me up today for a while.

Phone rings, I answer:

Idiot - I this the plumbing and heating people
Me - Yes it is.
Idiot - Do you do free estimates
Me - Yes I do depending on what is required, system upgrade etc etc.
Idiot - Great well can you stop by at some point?
Me - Yes, what is it you want the estimate for?
Idiot - Well I have a problem with my shower, its either scalding hot or too cold I cant seem to get the temperature right. What does that say to you?
Me - That says that you need a breakdown visit to diagnose the problem and advise on the best solution.
Idiot - Is that still free or do you charge for that?
Me - Yes there is a minimum charge of one hours labour to diagnose the problem.
Idiot - Why cant you just tell me over the phone this is bloody ridiculous.

He then hung up on me.

I had half a mind to call him back and have a rant at him, but thought better of it in the end. It has certainly wound me up a bit though.

Im not worried about the work, I have more than enough work at the moment. I just don't like people calling me up and being rude and then hanging up on me haha. At least give me the chance to be rude back.

Phone him back next time you are up at daft o clock in the morning and ask if he managed to get it sorted. :)

It was like the muppet today who nearly ran into the side of me. He was in the wrong lane in the roundabout, yet he was the one flashing his lights and pipping his horn. For some reason he declined my invitation to pull over and explain the error of his ways.

I'd phone him back and say sorry that you got cut off, tell him your charge and when he says he isn't paying that ask him why he's wasting your time and hang up. Then block the feckers number!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Idiots on the phone in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back