Discuss Identify shower drain in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Identify attached shower drain.
Daughter’s new house has the atttached shower drain.
Could someone identify make so that we can cover spare parts. I am assuming that the plastic bit can be pulled off to allow access to the cup

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• E0C8672D-A1BC-4ED2-84FC-165AAC1BF9E9.jpeg
    E0C8672D-A1BC-4ED2-84FC-165AAC1BF9E9.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 33
  • F00234B4-12D4-4AB9-AC6F-EE25B8C6922E.jpeg
    F00234B4-12D4-4AB9-AC6F-EE25B8C6922E.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 23
I tried googling "E6704 shower waste" - the number embossed on it!

but there seem also to be others that look possibly compatible, eg:
If this Toolstation one is the same, the bad news is the cup is only accessible from underneath.

I tried googling "E6704 shower waste" - the number embossed on it!

but there seem also to be others that look possibly compatible, eg:
If this Toolstation one is the same, the bad news is the cup is only accessible from underneath.
Many many thanks - I didn’t see the marking ( obviously old age)
Thanks also for the advice on accessing the cup- will avoid attacking it from above .
You safed my life or at least my ear ache!

Many many thanks - I didn’t see the marking ( obviously old age)
Thanks also for the advice on accessing the cup- will avoid attacking it from above .
You safed my life or at least my ear ache!
I just hope it's the right one!!
Looking more carefully at the description, the link I posted is just for the white flange part, not including the chrome cover.
There's another page of theirs showing the cover, which is slightly less expensive (but still a lot!)
Might be worth keeping an eye on eBay for one 🤪

Thanks for the extra info I checked toolstation but it doesn’t mention the cup.
It implies ( to be checked) that you might be able to unscrew the top plastic bit but you are probably correct as I saw the comment “only reachable from below

I have the same issue as Ziggy at the start of this thread. I have moved house and have exactly the same waste in the shower which seems blocked up. it appears to me that I should be able to unscrew the part E6704 to get to the cup from above to remove it as I can't easily get to the underneath without removing floor covering and floor boards. Can anybody confirm I can unscrew that part before I disturb it. Done a Google search but only getting same response posted by Ziggy in the thread with shop.lunns.net being the part supplier . Any advice appreciated,I am new to the forum, thanks

I have the same issue as Ziggy at the start of this thread. I have moved house and have exactly the same waste in the shower which seems blocked up. it appears to me that I should be able to unscrew the part E6704 to get to the cup from above to remove it as I can't easily get to the underneath without removing floor covering and floor boards. Can anybody confirm I can unscrew that part before I disturb it. Done a Google search but only getting same response posted by Ziggy in the thread with shop.lunns.net being the part supplier . Any advice appreciated,I am new to the forum, thanks
I don't have any personal experience of this trap, but I understand access to the innards is designed to be from the bottom, which seems to unscrew.
If you look at the reviews for the Toolstation one, some people complain about the difficulty of getting that trap to seal to the tray.
If you unscrew the top, which may be tricky if silicone has been used, you may find it difficult to get it back on again and get it to seal.
I guess your shower is not upstairs, which might have given you the possibility of accessing it through the ceiling?

I don't have any personal experience of this trap, but I understand access to the innards is designed to be from the bottom, which seems to unscrew.
If you look at the reviews for the Toolstation one, some people complain about the difficulty of getting that trap to seal to the tray.
If you unscrew the top, which may be tricky if silicone has been used, you may find it difficult to get it back on again and get it to seal.
I guess your shower is not upstairs, which might have given you the possibility of accessing it through the ceiling?
Thanks for your reply. I am only a DIY,er. However, the designers of such shower drains must know regular access would be required for cleaning out hair etc which makes me think that access must be through the top and makes me think unscrewing that top part would be the most sensible rather than having to access via underneath just for cleaning...shame I can't find any instructions for that particular part.

Thanks for your reply. I am only a DIY,er. However, the designers of such shower drains must know regular access would be required for cleaning out hair etc which makes me think that access must be through the top and makes me think unscrewing that top part would be the most sensible rather than having to access via underneath just for cleaning...shame I can't find any instructions for that particular part.
I see you made another post on this topic yesterday, and ShaunCorbs suggested the top might lift out. But the pics of the part show it has a screw thread, suggesting trying to lever it out is not the way to go. Shaun also said 'don't unscrew it', based on experience that unscrewing the front of something when you cannot get at the back bit seems a good idea until you try to put it back together!

All I can say is that the Lunns website description of the "Bespoke part" they illustrate (as below) includes the explanation "Please note the white flange no longer includes the hair catcher shown in the image", which rather implies originally the designers were hoping to catch 'stuff' before it reached the sump below. I guess the hair catchers removal reflects there was a problem with it blocking up!

I understand it's appealing to try and gain access, but personally that would be my last port of call after trying aggressive chemicals, plunger, snaking the pipe, mains water pressure etc, etc.

IMG_0523.jpeg/

Basher, thanks for your great reply. It makes sense to me that it should unscrew. The inside is a very thin cup of wired net which looks permanently attached to the top plastic with no hole to put thin snake wire through. I think I will take your advice and try the chemical route first before trying to unscrew it as the last resort. Cheers for taking the time to help me out, greatly appreciated.

Reply to Identify shower drain in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have recently moved house.it appears the shower drain has become blocked and there is no inner cup to remove and clean. I believe the waste is a...
Replies
Views
Please see attached pic. . . . I would like to replace the drain cover in my ensuite shower. Also, I am hoping, if possible, to replace the top...
Replies
Views
Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house...
Replies
Views
Do you recognise this shower drain rubber seal? I have searched the web and common plumbing spares suppliers but I cannot find which it is. It...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock