Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Standard Internal overflow leaking badly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MandytheMuppet

Hi, I have a constant leak into the toilet pan (from the internal overflow I think). Its quite bad and the water just pours in. I have to keep the water turned off at the screw at the back).

I tried to adjust the plastic screw to raise the flush valve (slightly above the cistern water level) without success and I have also unscrewed the top of the flush valve and changed the "diaphragm" washer. Unfortunately this hasnt made any difference even though the washer was split all the way around. From what I've read, I think the internal bit may be called a "torbeck" system.

I also unscrewed the flush assembly and cleaned the rubber seal (which looked ok just a bit dirty). From reading posts I dont think the problem is the "flapper valve" but the internal overflow thing.

As you may have gathered I havent a clue about plumbing but am fed up of waiting for the plumber who never arrives. I would be very grateful for any help. I will try and attached a pic of the internal bit of the cistern. Thanks.

2012_0605amanda0010.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd suggest that you post in [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas engineer.[/DLMURL] and you'll get someone reliable who will come out to you.

If its overflowing constantly it Will likely be the inlet valve not shutting off.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If it's a constant leak into the pan you could find it is due to tiny bubbles in the rubber seal in the flush valve, the one you cleaned. Sometimes you need a magnifying glass to see them. If you do find bubbles just ***** them with a pin. It can be time consuming but it works.

Thanks for all your replies. It seems worse now that I changed the washer. I cant see any bubbles on the washer, Paulus, but will have another look. After that I think I'll have to give up and contine to look for a plumber and hope that eventually one turns up. Thanks again.

mandy if you put a request in the looking for a plumber section putting your general location, there may be someone on here who can help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Standard Internal overflow leaking badly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock