Currently reading:
Ideal Standard Conceala 2 High Pressure Restrictor

Discuss Ideal Standard Conceala 2 High Pressure Restrictor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LukeTheGooner

Hi!

I've come to fit my new Conceala 2 concealed cistern today - pan on flush bend sorted - I went back to find the instructions to read about the high pressure restrictor that comes installed and I've lost the installation instructions so was wondering if anyone could help?

First off, from memory I think that the restrictor only need be left in if the water pressure is over 1.4bar (or 14m head). I have a gravity fed system and it's being installed on the ground floor of a nominal two story UK house so I think I need to take it out but was wonder if anyone could confirm?

The second part is that, having installed one of these cisterns before in a mains fed house, I took the restrictor out as it wasn't required but I remember it being loose / easy, in this Conceala 2 it seems screwed right in and it looks like it's going to require some long nosed pliers to get at it - this doesn't seem right to me - but what's the upshot of just leaving it in? I assume if you're not at that required pressure (1.4bar ?) the cistern will just fill more slowly?

Thanks in advance

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Standard Conceala 2 High Pressure Restrictor in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back