Discuss Ideal Icos HE12 keeps firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

isus24

Hi,

My HE12 boiler keeps firing even when the timer is off. The only way to stop it is to turn it off by the switch. I think the heating motorised valve is sticking, would this cause the boiler to keep running? Also, if I don't switch the the power off to the thermostat, pump etc, the pump keeps running (or at least it feels hot, I have just replaced it and it is very quite!). So at the moment I turn off everything until I want heat and then turn it on and manually open the valve.

My questions are:
is it likely the it is the faulty motorised valve causing the problem? (The hot water one also sticks and has for ages with no noticeable problems)
Am I doing any damage by turning the boiler on and off at the switch and effectively creating a manual heating system?
If it is the motorised valves, could these be replaced by s diy-er - I did the pump, but not done much plumbing...

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions help etc

Yes is sounds like the valves they have an auxiliary switch in them what is wired back to the boiler, depending on who's they are you maybe able to change the actuator ( the bit on the top )

simple check
turn off the switched fused spur beside the boiler, then go to your wiring centre and check that nothing is live. then remove the orange wire which comes from each of the motorised valves. turn the switched fused spur back on and check if either of the orange wires are live then this is your faulty valve!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Icos HE12 keeps firing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the...
Replies
Views
A
Hi, I have Worcester combi boiler which has developed a 'fault' recently. When I switch the heating on, the fire in boiler starts for a second or...
Replies
Views
Andy Jackson
A
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock