Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss I CANNOT VIEW THE FORUM WITHOUT ONSCREEN ADVERTS OBSCURING WEBPAGE in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello All,

I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was hoping to get some replies from Members about whether this is happening to anyone else:

When I logged into the Forum this afternoon and went to look down the Plumbing Advice section about a half page view of multiple boxes of adverts totally obscured the thread list view.

I clicked on the various X`s to close the onscreen boxes but more were opening up almost as quickly as I was closing them - more appearing in less than 10 seconds every time - this never stopped for about 20 minutes.

This situation was ocurring constantly while I was trying to view some of the thread lists - so much that it made viewing any of the threads impossible - it is so bad it would prevent me from being able to use the Forum at all.

Strangely this problem did not occur when I was typing this message.

Although I am not any kind of expert in Computing I cannot imagine anything on my Computer that could be causing this ?

I do clear my Computer Browser cookies very regularly and when I am on any other website including another Forum I do not experienced anything like the really bad Forum viewing disruption that these multiple onscreen Advert boxes create.

I am attaching a screenshot but there are often multiple seperate / underlying advert boxes on screen.

Have any other Members experienced anything as bad as this ?

I am hoping that a Moderator will be able to suggest what might be causing this and perhaps a solution ?

Regards to All,

Chris
PLUMBING FORUM WEBPAGE TOTALLY OBSCURED BY ADVERTS - SCREENSHOT.JPG

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: Lou

Reply to I CANNOT VIEW THE FORUM WITHOUT ONSCREEN ADVERTS OBSCURING WEBPAGE in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock