Search the forum,

Discuss i am going to kill him(if he does not pull his finger out) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

i need some advice ,i know i rarely ask for it and as most of you have worked out i dont suffer fools, a brief outlay of the situation theirs 3 of us in the business my old man(40 years exp) me (19 years exp) and my brother in law (2 years and still a cock) the argument between me and the BIL has been brewing for ages (what he does not know is that i own half the business by investment and will take it over next year) today he took a essential material off the van it was a rare day me and the old man worked together he wanted me there to get it done quick we left the bil on another job the evening before i told the bil said part had to be on the van when we dropped him to site the morning after he took it off to aid in his work knowing the part was in short supply when we got to my job the old man asked me were the part ? on the van first bin i replied it was not there he rings up bill yes i have it he denies i told him the evening before that was it i lost it confronted him later he kicked off back blaming me well i am not having this with the arrogant jumped up Muppet (i cant swear forum rules) my sister started wailing when he told her, as she knows my temper and thought he was going to a+e but thats not the way i think any more that would cause so much grief so what i am really asking how do i deal with bil? the old man is ****ed of with him but wont sack him for sis,s sake but he has no future with me if he does not see things from my point of view if i tell him what i am doing dont take the stock off the van really need advice on this guys

Hi Mark

Have moved thread to plumbers arms,think better here

Time to just sit and reflect about situation,never good to dive in,thats the trouble with families working together,I know lots of folk who put up with lots were families are concerned and it is your chose how much you put up with.
When families work together the most important thing is they respect each other,seems like that has gone astray a little,as said do nothin rash
just reflect on the situation and when calmed down go from there

Good luck,hope sorts itself out

tomorrows another day,

nobody got killed,

the job got done,

we all got paid,

and the cock is still a cock.

i threw a 6x6 fence panel at my brother a couple of months ago whilst fixing my mums fence, feeling quite unwell i asked my brother to stock winding me up on how to do the job, then i had enough and bogged of home leaving the fence panel on top of him. i didnt see or speak to him for a week and when i did nothing was mentioned and everything was back to normal.

my point? say what you need to say then leave it at that, dont go there twice and dont carry it with you.

if that dont work, give him a written warning as the dis-belief on his face will change him and his out-look toward you or show his true loyalty. this will then show professionalism to your dad and it will be easier to respond to his work ethics.
i got one from my father-in-law once... astard

cheers redsaw the written warning might make him s8it himself,can see now why there was problems in his other job,the sad part of it is we regularly get kids asking if we can take them on as trainees and this prat its almost like he does not want the job he will be made to sort himself out but your right tomorrows another day

i gave my step dad (my sparky) a written warning in with his pay slip once , course mother rung me crying complaining he needed the job etc . long story short he didn`t get any better so i had to sack hi.

its nothing personell its business mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to i am going to kill him(if he does not pull his finger out) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock