Search the forum,

Discuss How wide to go? Radiator under window. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone đź‘‹

I am getting a secondary rad put in under our windows. The first one is a double panel with fins. This is to try and boost a little as room gets slightly chilly in winter. I've looked at the calcs online, and I think a single panel with fins, type 11, should do the trick. I thought the type 11 is better because it'll not stick out as much.

Anyway. My question is then how wide should I go for aesthetics. The 300 X 1400 has been suggested, as it'll align neatly with the middle window. But I notice there is a 300 X 2000 option in this range.

What do you think visually looks best? I don't want it to dominate, but then I also don't want it looking pokey

Attachments

• IMG-20230620-WA0004.jpg
    IMG-20230620-WA0004.jpg
    541 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG-20230620-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230620-WA0003.jpg
    519.2 KB · Views: 18
Tbh I would go either type 21 eg p+ or type 22 eg k2

Type 11 or k1 arnt worth it unless your very tight on space eg hallway etc

3x12 or 3x14 would be the most I would go with

Thank you ShaunC - I think I might go for the type 21 1400 wide. Good to know that about the type 11. A family member straight away recommended I get a type 10, no fins... He said it'd be cheaper to run and flush to the wall. The plumber said 21 or 22, although I think 22 probably is too much. The room is 3.2 by 4.6 roughly speaking, so not huge but equally not tiny

Roughly I get the heat loss to around 2000w ish

1400x 300

21 will give you approximately 800w
22 will give you approximately 1kw

One plumber suggested getting a Stelrad 450 X 1600 K2 and then replacing the existing 600 X 1200 P+ with a smaller Stelrad 600 X 600 as boost.

The other plumber suggested adding the 300 x 1400 (from VictorianPlumbing), type 11 although at my direction. They would install other products as needed.

What’s the height from skirting to moulding?

Reply to How wide to go? Radiator under window. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
The left rear floor corner is highest (the shower pan touches/sits on the floor), sloping down diagonally to the front right corner (lowest). The front right corner shim is 5/8", the left front corner is 3/8" shimmed, with shorter shims under left middle and right rear corner. The pan perimeters...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock