Search the forum,

Discuss how to replace toilet push button? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

luke_1989

hi, my toilet push button broke and ive tried looking online at the usual places screwfix etc but cant find any i think will fit or work.
heres my toilet, when you pull the string i put on the handle its attached to it comes up and the toilet flushes.
. 20131229_172205.jpg

when you do that please two little rods appear out of those tubes
20131229_174635.jpg 20131229_174628.jpg

so could anyone out there point me in the right direction or link to somewhere which would sell a push button which would work with this?

many thanks

I'd put a dual flush Fluidmaster in there, about £11 from Screwfix and clean out the cistern.

I'd put a dual flush Fluidmaster in there, about £11 from Screwfix and clean out the cistern.

What he said.
this will be a lot quicker than searching for spares.

i can't say I have seen that type of flush valve and I change approx 3 a week.

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick reply, I'm new to this and haven't a clue what I'm doing so is there a thread her to show you how to do it? Also the hole where the button was is 50mm so is that standard button size?

your photo looks like an "impulse rapide" flush valve - the buttons can still be got maybe from ebay ?

Fluidmaster all the way for me to… the amount of time i come across different size buttons valves etc is unreal… all these b and q specials :63:

I keep 3 Fluidmasters on the van.....cuz I 'm feeling flush!

Half the valves in the cisterns around my way operational are caked in limescale.

Pro45B are also the dogs for b n q specials…. until the hole for the BV is so tight to the corner of the cistern the float won't slide!!! them jobs you think are going to be 15 min………..

I generally fit a Fluidmaster flush valve and Dudley Hydroflow brass tailed inlet valve.

This is a Yellow pivot Arm flush valve Yellow Pivot Arm Flush Valve Black Base. As you can see, this is just for the valve, but if you email or call Lunns they will be able to help regards push button.

Although as others have suggested it may be more economical to replace with a Fluidmaster or other valve with a larger diameter push button. The Viva Skylo flush valves come with a large chrome disc that the PB inserts into if you have a large hole.

Pro45B are also the dogs for b n q specials…. until the hole for the BV is so tight to the corner of the cistern the float won't slide!!! them jobs you think are going to be 15 min………..

Just been there, done that, just b4 Christmas. TOOK ME HOURS TO SORT OUT!

I think I've managed to fit Fluidmaster valves in all the toilets except concealed. Did one the other day and the hole was too small for the push button to fully fit in so you can fit the button surround and reverse the large retaining nut.

That's just money down the pan if you ask me! :p
Amongst everything I keep on the van I also have a couple of bottles of drain cleaner......money down the drain I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to how to replace toilet push button? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock