Search the forum,

Discuss How does Heatmiser control radiators + HW undefloor heating ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pali

Hi, thanks for looking. Keen to get some advice please

Boiler: Valiant 637 connected to a 300l Megaflow.
13 Zones in total (6 Radiator + 7 HW Under floor heating)
Each to be individually controlled via a Heatmiser solution (Wired solution).

Keen to understand how each of the individual thermostats (Neo Stat) will tell each individual radiator valve to open and close deepening on the temperature required.

I am comfortable with the app, the thermostats etc, but need advice on the manifolds v motorised valves etc please

I think I have 3 options. Keen for advice please
1) 14 port manifold & 2 Heatmiser Wiring Centres UH8
2) 2 x 8 Port manifolds & 2 Heatmiser Wiring Centres UH8
3) 8 port manifold (for UF HW) + 6 motorised valves (for rads) & 2 Heatmiser Wiring Centres UH8

Please advise which is best. From an electricians perspective, all are ok. Keen to get view from a plumbing perspective please. What are the pro and cons of each

Solution simple:

Mixing manifold for the UFH
Non-mixing manifold for the rads.

As for your preferences for controlling each radiator or UFH zone, run as many thermostats as you like back to the dedicated manifold.

From each manifold run a wire back to the boiler.

As for the correct wiring setup, it sounds like you have it covered - hopefully?

Thanks so much.
So option 2 is the one :)
What is the difference between a mixing and a non-mixing manifold?

Thanks so much.
So option 2 is the one :)
What is the difference between a mixing and a non-mixing manifold?

Mixing one is for ufh, so needs reducing in temperature with mixing valve and non mixed, or direct manifold will do the radiators at boiler temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How does Heatmiser control radiators + HW undefloor heating ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock