Discuss How do you bleed new style grundfos pumps? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Just wondering how these new style pumps can be bled if there's no longer a big bleed screw in middle?

Any comments on this hugely appreciated.

Thank you

Grundfos advise running the pump at "full speed" (which is the default setting, CC3) for 10 minutes, I certainly would not recommend this, especially in a OV system, if I was installing a new pump (only) I would just leave the outlet pipe loosely connected and open the pump inlet valve to vent any air, then retighten, remember the recommended venting is for the pump only.
I have a Wilo Yonos Pico circ pump and there is a 10 min venting facility whereby the pump speeds up and slows down automatically for this 10 minute period, I didn't use it when I installed mine.

Grundfos advise running the pump at "full speed" (which is the default setting, CC3) for 10 minutes, I certainly would not recommend this, especially in a OV system, if I was installing a new pump (only) I would just leave the outlet pipe loosely connected and open the pump inlet valve to vent any air, then retighten, remember the recommended venting is for the pump only.
I have a Wilo Yonos Pico circ pump and there is a 10 min venting facility whereby the pump speeds up and slows down automatically for this 10 minute period, I didn't use it when I installed mine.
Thanks so much for the advice

Really appreciate it

Reply to How do you bleed new style grundfos pumps? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just had my central heating system "upgraded" for a four bed-roomed detached house. The heating company recommended going from the open...
Replies
Views
Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all, After trying to solve my boiler problem via YouTube as my usual plumber wasn't available, I have stupidly dropped Grundfos bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock