Search the forum,

Discuss Hot water from boiler expansion pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tech12

Hi: Just joined & have a query, A friend has just had his heating pump replaced. Since the pump was replaced, every time they use the heating / hot water they have hot water / steam coming from the boiler vent pipe in the attic.
He called the plumber that replaced the pump, he says he doesn't have a clue what's going on.
I was thinking either the speed control is set too high or possibly he's installed the pump backwards, but I'm a sparky not a plumber & could do with some advice from those with more knowledge.

does sound like the pump speeds to high,try turning it down

get a plumber in that knows his stuff, hopefully speed is too high, otherwise blockage, poor system design, oversized pump etc etc

Pump is either set too high, or sludge blocking the cold feed and pushing up over the vent. It may of been happening all the time and not been noticed. If the pump was fitted backwards it would probably stop the boiler working.

Hi Gasman: Cheers for the reply buddy, appreciate it. Forgot to say: The system is about 20 years old & was working well until the pump popped, you may be onto something though. Apparently the plumber told them he'd fitted a high pressure pump, will ring him tomorrow & tell him to call another plumber.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Pump fitted by a clown

Hi Guys: Thanks for the replies, in fairness to the plumber he's done work for me & my customers for over 15 years without any problems. Having said that, that was then & this is now, will see my mate this morning & tell him to get a different plumber in to look at it.

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Asked a local heating engineer to have a look at it, he's asked me to meet him there tomorrow morning.Will update the thread once he's been.Thanks for the advice so far guys: Andy

Hi guys: Apologies for taking so long to update this, plumber didn't turn up (nothing unusual down here). Anyway looked at the pump & it was running flat out on 3, turned it off & back to 2. After a 6 hour run everything seems to be back to normal, thanks for all the replies & help it's much appreciated.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hot water from boiler expansion pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock