Discuss High volume water heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand croppie, can you explain, what is not water treatment ?

The only time I've seen treatment for the prevention of legionella is in water towers, the amount of chlorine used would make the use of the water for bathing unviable.

We both know that the cheapest and easiest way of combatting legionella is in a properly designed and maintained system that has a storage setpoint not below 60°c.

Though I'm starting to think the op is on a wind up here.

The only time I've seen treatment for the prevention of legionella is in water towers, the amount of chlorine used would make the use of the water for bathing unviable.

We both know that the cheapest and easiest way of combatting legionella is in a properly designed and maintained system that has a storage setpoint not below 60°c.

Though I'm starting to think the op is on a wind up here.

You and me both I thought I'd provided everything on page one. A list of manufacturers who build big water beasts, a solution to dropping the temperature. And a potential free of charge design service.

Just call me Mr. Cellophane

I took a group of plumbers / handy persons from a national chain of care homes around a year ago some of them were telling me they had a centrally blended system of hot water including secondary returns which ran at something like 42deg C in at least a couple of newly built homes.
They insisted that it was all OK as they had contracts with a water treatment company who had equipment installed to dose up the water supplies, it automatically maintained a preset level of chlorine throughout as I recall.

It would be a very elaborate if he was but I never can tell.

Sorry this in not constructive. I can maintain water at 36 degrees. I just would like some leads to the most affordable methods. Just regarding heat not water condition.
Yes you can physically maintain water at 36 degrees. But, if you don't want to give the occupants legionella, you will need to store it above 60 degrees.

Lol why would this be a wind up?
Ozone and chlorine will manage legionella. You all act like spa baths don't exist..
Thank you for your suggestion of Andrews water heaters. I am looking through their massive selection of units.
All I was after was an insight into what people consider would be the most efficient method to achieve a temperature rise in the required time.
If it helps then let's say the water is stored at 60 degrees. Do you have any experience or educated advice towards a specific method/unit/combination of units for heating this water by a further 9 degrees at a rate of 80L/min.

I just cant imagine taking a nice hot spa bath and breathing in all the chlorine as it evaporated off into my lungs, I woldnt go back for a second try :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to High volume water heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hello, my HW is taking longer than expected to heat up and it's getting worse. I can go 10-40 degs after 1.5 hours of only heating HW, whereas I...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock