Discuss Help with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

askcjj

My boiler model is Worcester 37 CDi Greenstar. The HW is running fine but my CH will not work. I have checked the thermostat is wirelessly connected and functioning. I have checked the pressure, it is at 1.5 Bar and in the green area. I have conducted several re-calibrations by pressing the little man button. As it goes through the cycle I can feel ho****er in all the rads, once the recalibration has finished (not used any ho****er or touched any of the radiators) the system still will not work when switched to manual or left in auto. Sometimes the CH seems to come on randomly! All very bizarre! The system worked fine last year, it had de-pressurised and told the wife not to use but as she insists on wearing no layers......... on comes the heating!!! So shut it all down, re-pressurised and recalibrated. No joy! It is now starting too get cold so any help would be appreciated. I am a reasonable DIYer and have some technical knowledge. All advice is gratefully received.

Sounds like ur wireless unit is poop. Take cover off reciver and send pic...... Unless it's the dreaded Drayton / wb built in?

It is an Ifflo digistat +2RF unit. Is there any way to check the unit as it seems to pair with the receiver.

do you have the instructions?

the button you are pressing is a service button, its not used to recalibrate. As the heating seems to run when its in service mode its probably your controls. You will need a gas safe engineer if they need replacing.

I have the original installation documentation and user manual for the thermostat.

I have read that the capacitor can go in the receiver unit that will result in the supply and return valves not opening. If it is a simple SCR receiver replacement then I am SQEP to undertake this, if it is the internal boiler controls then a gas safe engineer will most definitely be required.

I believe replacement of the capacitor is not too difficult but can I test that is the defective component without ripping the SCR to pieces?

Photograph of the SCR unit.
IMG_0080.jpg

sounds more like a problem within the boiler to me, just call a plumber to check it out.

Just link 1 & 3 together if heating comes on its the receiver if not its the boiler

Well, I linked as you suggested, and it blew the fuse! Changed the fuse (checked it) and now the boiler will not even start up!

Check the consumer unit nothing has tripped? Now I have no ho****er? Anyone know a good plumber in Bath that can sort tonight or tomorrow?

should have taken my advice in post 9, not all forum advice is the best! getting someone out now will costÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁÂŁ

so someone on this thread has told you to link wires sounds like you linked live and neutral good advice that was lucky your not brown bread ,get someone in before you do more damage thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30CDi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting...
Replies
Views
T
Hello, I have just moved in to a new flat this week and have a problem with noise coming from somewhere around the top of the boiler. It's a loud...
Replies
Views
I have an issue with a Worcester Greenstar 29CDi Classic boiler. I replaced the old thermostat controller with a smart dual-channel HIVE one. I...
Replies
Views
A
I have a greenstar 35cdi combi boiler that when the thermostat calls for heat. It will fire up heat to temp and then drop down to 41* on the...
Replies
Views
Nicholas
N
I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 15i condenser boiler which is about 13 years old. There is a separate hot water tank. Recently the fan in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock