Discuss Help with sizing radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher buzzard

Gas Engineer
Evening all. A customer has had a conservatory built about a year ago and with a small electric heater, heating it. He now wants it taken out and a radiator plumbed in. The room measures 2.7 x 2.3 x 2.3H with a slight pitch to the roof. The wall the rad will hang on is brick but the other 3 walls are glass aswell as the roof. I've never had to size up a radiator in a conservatory before and don't want to undersize the rad and he says it's too cold in the winter. I know the room will never heat up and hold the heat like a traditional room with 4 solid walls but would just like your advice. Many thanks in advance.

half a brick wall the rest upvc or a fully brick one?

1 Full brick wall which is the side of the house. The other 3 are top to bottom upvc. Not sitting on half brick if that makes sense

looking around 3.2kw needed so oversize if you can

Wow. Just looked. Gonna need to be a big rad but not enough wall space for it. Door on the brick wall into the conservatory. Max I can go is 600H x 1000mmL. Back to the drawing board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help with sizing radiator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

W
  • Question
I'm looking to put an extra column radiator in my living room and when doing my research found one secondhand on Facebook marketplace that I...
Replies
Views
Wes Moore
W
Hoping for some advice as I seem to be hitting a brick wall. Moved into a house last year, radiators down strairs (4 of them) never really got...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those...
Replies
Views
Back