Search the forum,

Discuss Help with leak radiator in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

R

Ricky worton

Recently changed valve on radiator. Where the valve enters the bottom of the radiator its wrapped with ptfe but still has a small leak does this need time to set ? Is it normal for it to leak a little for a dsy or 2 afterwards the leak is slowing and is minor . Thanks in advance

20 wraps of ptfe required

Reply to Help with leak radiator in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm at the stage of my shower replacement where I have a new shower head to screw into the wall pipes. I tried it, turned on the shower, and find there are light leaks. Obviously I need to fix this so I got some Blue plumbers tape. Trouble is, the pipe doesn't stick out enough to easily wrap the...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6 other radiators and 2 bathroom towel radiators are just normal valve s. We live in a 4-bed, 3 storey house, as converted loft. Common problems were...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My daughter's place has a small water leak on a ground floor radiator valve. The radiator pipework is small diameter.i.e 8 or 10 mm. A plumber is coming back in a day or so to make necessary repairs. I am a little concerned as the house has a Boilermate 2000 on the upper floor and the...
Replies
Views
Our house was built in 2007 and we are the second family to live here - moving in in 2017. The central heating has been working fine - although the gas boiler is perhaps nearing the end of its life. But the boiler is not our current issue. Last winter two of the radiators did not heat up and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock