Discuss Help wanted - single tap mixer with two different water sources - pump fed and mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

PradBitt

In my new house build (South Africa) I am to have a rainwater re-harvesting system whereby it's pump fed from a tank to service the toilets, hot water system and garden.

We will also be using Mains to service drinkable cold water to our bathrooms and kitchen basins.

The problem we have here is that some are recommending not to use single lever mixers, because all their warranties require balanced water pressure.
Others are saying it should be fine, so long as equal pressure is approximated between pump-fed and mains by using the likes of pressure reducing valves.

The easiest practical solution otherwise is just to use mixers with two taps, but this is not in fitting with our original design intentions.

Any advice or opinions would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Help wanted - single tap mixer with two different water sources - pump fed and ma

No ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help wanted - single tap mixer with two different water sources - pump fed and mains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We have hot water, tank for hot water why is the hot water boiling hot from tap,and shower, We are on a schedule for hot water via our hive app...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock