Discuss Help needed - Washing machine drainage pipe doesn't fit/too big in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nudragon

Hello,

I recently moved flat and I'm trying to set up the washing machine.

The drainage pipe attached to the machine is too large for the part underneath the sink where its meant to go.

Could someone please tell me what needs to be done in this situation? Must a part of the fitting under the sink be sawn off? I am a newbie with this stuff.

Thank you.

Generally, you cut the spout on the trap down so it gets larger the shorter you cut it if that makes sense.
then buy a jubilee clip to tighten down the washing machine hose onto the spout

hiya, can you upload photos please?

This forum won't let me include photos.

But basically the circumference of tye drainage pipe is too large.

Even if I were to cut the narrowest part of the white plastic, it still looks like the drainage pipe would be too wide.

At the other flat, the drainage pipe fit exactly and was a tight fit. Why is too big at this property?

Hello,

I recently moved flat and I'm trying to set up the washing machine.

The drainage pipe attached to the machine is too large for the part underneath the sink where its meant to go.

Could someone please tell me what needs to be done in this situation? Must a part of the fitting under the sink be sawn off? I am a newbie with this stuff.

Thank you.

The pipe from the washing is it hard ribbed plastic with a short rubber bit on the end? Could the rubber bit be missing? Have an idea that this has come up before where you have to buy the rubber bit seperate, if I`m correct then look on fleabay.

nudragon sent photo`s via PM, the rubber tip is on the plastic pipe which is indeed to large for the 1st section of the tapered spigot, have advised to cut away the spigot and try on the lower larger section with jubillee clip. Only concern is the rubber tip looks shorter than I`ve seen before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help needed - Washing machine drainage pipe doesn't fit/too big in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hello I am looking to install a slimline dishwasher (integrated) into a cupboard in my kitchen. The depth of the dishwasher is 550mm and the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock