Search the forum,

Discuss help my system isn't filling up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris1970

hi,
i've just carried out some minor work to my heating system and it wont fill up now .
i don't understand it usually fills up well,
yesterday and today i have been removing rads and cleaning them by hand .
last night i accidentally ran the system but i forgot to open the filter so the pump ran up into a closed system and the boiler tripped off after a few minutes.
so i opened the filter valve and re-bled the system and it ran up again but tripped off again probably because there was a tonn of air in system still ?
could the boiler be broken now and it's closed off so water isn't filling up ? or could i just have a airlock one the feed pipe or something ?
it's filling up a trickle but it normally rushes through.
any ideas please ?

boiler is a worcester 15ri and system is Y open vented conventional 1980's built.

i've moved it from water to heating a few times and still no flow,
i could remove the valve head ?
it seems like a blockage on the feed pipe now or airlock or maybe the boiler has closed off ?
the pump is alpha 2L maybe it's just flowing through that slowly now ?
should i run the pump with system virtually empty ?

Defo open the zone valve like Jon said and bleed the pump by slackening the centre screw , bleed the coil @ cylinder,

i've taken all bleed screws out the rads and fully opened the water side bleed valve.
i'll remove the 3 way valve head and turn it by hand ,but i've never had this problem before.
the pump doesn't have a bleed screw.

make sure everything is open, put the 3 way valve into manual, drain the system, and refill as you normally would.

Drain down & start again from scratch, tank fed can be a nightmare sometimes...

have removed the 3 way valve and moved post by hand and still no flow,
i've either got problem with feed pipe or the boilers closed off.
i'm going to blow down the vent pipe see if that does anything.

looks like it's ok now, i blew down the vent pipe and bubbles came into the tank then it stared filling well,
it filled up in seconds and my daughter came and told me water coming water coming !
next time i wont remove all the bleed screws.
thanks for the support,
chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to help my system isn't filling up in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock