Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss headline capriz ~~~~ headache job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Before I get shot down.... I never specified. I fitted boiler, did pf and added mag.
Old boiler not working at all so no testing. All OK so far. Until I open the hot tap, and get no hot water! !! Brand new boiler and no hot? Boiler runs, pipe under boiler gets red hot but nearest tap doesn't even get Luke warm! Then flame goes out. Obviously up to temp. Blocked p 2 p? But hot supply under boiler gets red hot. So I'm scratching my head.. Did it work b4¿ I've no idea cust dodging answer.
Just sometimes I get fed up. Like NOW! All hot taps - same results
So any advice from the panel please?

cold main back feeding some where? cut hot pipe below boiler run it into a bucket or hose see if it gets hot then

Had the same problem last year, turns out the shower was back filling the hot with cold, no hot water at the taps. Fitted NRVs under the bath and hey presto

Not been back yet.... Tho took out a headline and had a play taking it apart... Found interesting bits to check.

Post above i meant...... took out another HEATLINE and, took it to bits and found amazinly, lots of little pebbles, grit in the cold supply, more than half blocked! ....must've had work done on the mains.... AND the filter from the heat ex to the P-Pex full of black corn flakes- no wonder that boiler wasn't working.
Anyway, went back to my boiler - checked the hot outlets and one by one isolated them, there are several basin mixer taps - found the culprit back feeding the cold!!
A sensor tap. ie. tap when you wave your hands in front, it comes on. Who ever installled didn't install check valves! So that's that- had me scratching my head though.
Going back next week to fit check valves..woo - hooo result!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to headline capriz ~~~~ headache job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views
I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Need to pick your brains if you have a moment. I attended a flat where in one bathroom the hot water on the basin had major low...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock