Search the forum,

Discuss Not hot water in two outlets in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi Guys

Need to pick your brains if you have a moment.

I attended a flat where in one bathroom the hot water on the basin had major low pressure. In the Ensuite shower it was the same issue in the hot water.

All the other hot water outlets in the property had good pressure. Bath and kitchen tap.

The isolation on the basin tap has failed so I turned off the water and cut into the pipe put another isolation on it, turned on the water, opened it up and the water still had low pressure, so i figure it’s nothing to do with the tap.

The property is under mains water pressure with a combi boiler, so i can’t see it being an air lock (unless air is getting into a fitting somewhere)

Any ideas or other investigating you could recommend?

Pressure should be the same unless fed by a cold water storage cistern? If not then it’ll be low flow. Look for another restriction. Did you test the flow rate before fitting the new isolation valve?

Has the basin got 2 separate taps or 2 separate taps mixing in the spout or is it a single lever type?. If two taps are they the 1/4 turn type?.

Reply to Not hot water in two outlets in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock