Search the forum,

Discuss Had a strange sales call from 07562 819082 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomplumb83

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Anybody else had this sort of call recently? Words to this effect.... 'Hi is this the plumber?' Yes.... 'Its the fire and rescue department (something along those lines) in a way that almost purposely gets you worried to stay on the phone. 'Have you had time to think about what my partner spoke to you about at the start of the week?' Pardon? ' Didn't my partner speak to you at the start of the week?' 'Well what it is, how would you feel about giving 5% off (yes you heard right, 5%! Youre right, I am tight) to the police, fire and whatever else bla bla?' No I wouldn't be interested in that. 'Youre a dick', he says as he puts the phone straight down on me . I then rang him back, he answers to which I told him never to ring my number again. He replies, 'well don't ring my number ever again'. He ran me from a mobile phone number which made it a tad confusing although I suppose that may be the way theyre operating now. His number is 07562 819082 for anybody who fancies whatever it is theyre selling!

I had exactly the same mate last week and also some magazine called the Foresters....they rang me within 30 seconds of putting the phone down to the fire mag. I suspect it's the same place. PEOPLE BEWARE !!!!

i had this last year saying its for the fire and police mag and id get loads of work from it bla bla bla right numpty dont give them the time of day

It wasn't the police and fire mag (or at least it was but he was putting a different spin on it and I didn't get to the bit were he told me what he was actually ringing for) He answers the phone as if he's a normal customer

We all ought to take turns ringing him every night!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Had a strange sales call from 07562 819082 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. just had my probationary inspection. Most of the inspection went ok, apart from when the inspector asked me questions about gas fires and gas cookers. I have my ticket for boilers and the inspection for all that side went fine. The last time I did anything about fires and cookers was 5 years...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Our current heating system has a Potterton EP2002 controller and Potterton Prima 60F boiler. I have bought a Wiser multi-zone kit 2 plus a number of Wiser TRVs in order to have easier and more fine-grained control. Replacing the EP2002 with the Wiser hub simply involved swapping the wallplate...
Replies
Views
I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and filter, new pump, plus new Hive. Did full power flush of all 5 radiators before the installation. It has been 10days and boiler stil not working...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
I live in a terraced house with one side consisting of 6+ people living inside a house and the other side is empty. 1) I do not trust my neighbours 2) I had let a guy into my house even though deep down something didn’t feel right 3) I was in a rush and thought he was the boiler man 3) The...
Replies
Views
Not sure if this is a success or a fail or just a rant but We do have heat and hot water now So all started the evening of Friday the 12th (Nov) I had noticed the water wasn't getting hot nor the heating. We had someone come have a look the next day thinking it was something simple like the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock