Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss GSR featured on Radio 4 today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tap dancer

At about 1240 "You and Yours" discussed GSR and non-GSR cowboys who did illegal gas work.

The boss of GSR was on it. The programme started at about 1200 so you should find it on the BBC Radio 4 iplayer about 40 minutes on, if anyone is interested in listening.

Is it worth listening to??

I am promoting Gas Safe Week, at B&Q and Homebase this coming weekend, neither of these local stores had heard of it, neither had two of my local merchants.

Seems another damp squib to me, but i live in hope.

I think it would be worth recording it onto a CD or memory stick (or even a cassette recorder) and playing it to the customers.

It is about people who don't actually check GSR ID's just take their word for it, and often untrue.

One of these fitted a fire with 5 different potentially fatal faults.

They often don't mention all the items on their webpage, I've been caught out before myself

GSR man estimated 1/4 million illegal non-GSR work done per year.

It ends at 41 minutes 20 seconds so lasts 4 minutes 25 seconds.

I learnt something from the programme.

Apparently, it is not good enough to check that the plumber has a gas-safe card, you have to look at the back as well to see what it covers eg boilers, cookers, fires, LPG etc.

I bet many people don't know that, they just see the van with the logo on it and think that's OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to GSR featured on Radio 4 today in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock