Search the forum,

Discuss Grey water harvesting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Good evening gents. I hope all you guys are doing well. I have just bought a house which is minging but has potential! Well, the wife bought it without my say so and as we know they are the boss. Although I am a bit annoyed I am.now 700,000k in Debt!!!

Any way back to the point. I don't want to have a dishwasher or washing machine taking up cupboard space in the kitchen and the only place I can really put them is in a little out building on the other side of the kitchen which is lower than the sewer connection. Is there a way I can filter it into my garden or filter it and pump to loft to use for toilets? Ideally the garden option would be my preferred. From my research on the net it seems you can divert to plants but still need to be connected to a sewer which I can't. Anyone any experience in this that can help?

Cheers

Can't help you but if sewer is a problem, why not consider a cesspit or septic tank to cater for the waste side of things?

Then I will need to get it emptied so an added expense

I agree mutley, but you've already spent ÂŁ700,000 so I think the added expense will only be a ''pinch of salt''. Besides, you need to keep her indoors happy, remember:) Hope you find a solution though

700 grand?! Why do I never get you for my secret Santa?! Hope you're keeping well muts.

I thought I would.never say this but...maybe I could stick a little saniflo in to pump it to waste.outlet.

For some reason I thought I would be able to dig a deep enough hole and fill.it with gravel and run a pipe to it and that would be gravy but it doesn't seem that easy unfortunately

Either a pump like a saniflo but the ones for sinks only or just dig a soak away into the garden

likewise you dont want to be using dw or wm water in your bogs, cause a horrible mess, grey water is what you use to fill your wm and dw when you think about it. Only solution is a pump to drains.

If you have the space (and the money) why not dig a hole and install a water collecting tank. Research Rain Water Harvesting and you will find lots of information, although not too sure I would want my WM and DW water going into it[emoji33]

Last edited:
How much lower than the sewer connection?

If it's less than a metre it should be alright - or even slightly more than a metre.

Find out the pumping capacity's of the dishwasher and washing machine.
You might save yourself some trouble

How much lower than the sewer connection?

If it's less than a metre it should be alright - or even slightly more than a metre.

Find out the pumping capacity's of the dishwasher and washing machine.
You might save yourself some trouble

This is interesting, It is about a foot lower but it is french doors all the way from utility room to drain at about 5 metres.

Anyone had a go at this

At a guess, uncalculated - but tried - is that you can have the pumps on dishwashers and washing machines at least 500mm over the top of the machines as long as from the highest point it has fall into the drain.

Basically that means somewhere from the appliance to 1500mm above floor level and falling into a drain.

Not sure the pumps in dishwashers etc are designed for pumping so high myself and could shorten the life expectancy of them but worth asking the manufactures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Grey water harvesting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
I need to cap off a water connection which is the water pipe connector to an M15 hose pipe from a kitchen sprayer tap. I have included images so you can understand my problem. Can anyone tell me the best way to blank off that pipe. (That's the vertical brass pipe in the photos)
Replies
Views
Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors for unclogging tho we never experience ours clogging up. Sure we had it clog up once and had it blown out with high pressure water from local plumber...
Replies
Views
Easy if you're a plumber I guess, but if you have no plumbing knowledge? Its a Bosch, nearly ten years old I think, its door won't shut, so it needs to be removed. They're a few videos that supposedly explain how to do it, but none for countertop dishwashers. I only saw one mention what you...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, For those who like a long read but I could rally do with some advice. Might be a bit long this. For background. A gardener/landscaping friend of mine is going to install an irrigation system in a customer's garden. He asked me to pop around and measure the pressures and flowrates...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock