Discuss Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not heard anything much about green deal lately, no one really knows what's going on customers or installer!!

i happily stay away from all of it...

What can you do/offer in he way of boilers on the green deal these. I have no idea what is going on with it

I've been looking into it a bit latley, and there are a few installers cleaning up. There getting paid upto 3.5k for a boiler install. Was wondering if anyone on here doing it

Are these boilers that custards are paying or are they getting grants of some sort.

I would be interested to know how they get 3500k for a boiler job.

This is my experience of Green Deal finance to date;

A lead for boiler replacement comes to me via provider
I survey and send quote to GDP - say for example ÂŁ2500
GDP adds on their slice - say ÂŁ500
GDP offers customer a new boiler @ ÂŁ3000 over 12 years at 8-9% or whatever (all hush hush from my end)
Customer looks at total payable @ ÂŁ5000 or whatever
Customer walks away or if lucky asks me to do it outside Green Deal for ÂŁ2500

So lots of time for little benefit.

That said, if you can find me a way to make any money, I'm prepared to try!

But that's the wrong way of explaining it to customers, they are not physically paying , there's no payment like a bank loan.
if there paying say ÂŁ75 gas and ÂŁ75 elec a month, and the boiler saves say ÂŁ30 a month on gas then there bills would be ÂŁ45 gas and ÂŁ105 elec both total the same amount. As gas prices increase the payment of the savings stays the same.
nostrum, I do see your point, but I know there are installers out there doing it, who you use for funding?

It's all estimated though and usually the savings over estimated. If the boiler only saves them ÂŁ10 a month the finance doesn't adjust to suit, and that's the problem. I'm not going to get myself involved in any potential for miss-selling which I can see happening in some cases.

I could sell any finace package in the same way, ie subtract projected savings from payment, the only difference with Green Deal is that it is attached to the property, not the individual.

The complexity ( most people you speak to even in the industry don't know the difference between a GD loan, GDHIF and ECO) and money the GDP loads on the plan is what kills the scheme for most, the idea is actually quite good. That's why the GDHIF and green deal works but makes the scheme uneconomic, the voucher pays off the excess the GDP adds on. The installer, as usual, gets no real benefit.
If the volume was there it wouldn't be so bad, but the uptake figures are disappointing because most can go to help link or similar and get a better deal, albeit as a personal loan.

I'll PM you the GDP's I'm involved with now. I wish I could see a way to work with it, as said if you can help the great. I've invested in it but as of yet can't see a benefit in keeping it up other than the odd ECO job we get out of it.

Last edited:
Its a load of carp still the best way for private household to have a new boiler is either home improvement or interest free card .
Besides anyone who can't afford a new boiler then I'm not interested in installing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Green Deal in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had a new Grandfos UPS3 pump fitted today, and am trying to set it up. I want it on 2nd setting, but having problems. The green light is on...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My mum had a Worcester green Star 4000 fitted on one of those eco grants. A external filter wasn't fitted. Should this have been fitted...
Replies
Views
Just moved into an 18 month old property, and under the sink there is green on the copper pipes, it that normal?
Replies
Views
Hello Wondering if anyone can offer any clues please // Potterton Promax 18 // Had an E1 error code, repressurised via with filling loop //...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock