Discuss great idea in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi I've just bought one of these i think they are a great idea to stop a gas bottle falling over and burning though something.

Can't see the use of them, I would forget to use them and go back to leaning it against the tool bag.

I never used on for 4 years but in the 2 weeks I've had it I've used it loads,
Its in my solder box so its always next to my lamp, Its just piece of mind knowing your not going to knock your lamp over if your soldering a fitting with both hands

I just use this slices stored in the draw flux, paste, rag,burn barrier, solder and blow lamp all kept together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 121
I never used on for 4 years but in the 2 weeks I've had it I've used it loads,
Its in my solder box so its always next to my lamp, Its just piece of mind knowing your not going to knock your lamp over if your soldering a fitting with both hands

how else do you solder, if not with one hand holding the solder the other the bottle?

how else do you solder, if not with one hand holding the solder the other the bottle?

Sometimes i'll solder up a section of pipe before fitting It so one hand holding pipe one hand holding solder and balance the bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to great idea in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock