Currently reading:
great idea

Discuss great idea in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

dom brennan

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi I've just bought one of these i think they are a great idea to stop a gas bottle falling over and burning though something.

Can't see the use of them, I would forget to use them and go back to leaning it against the tool bag.

I never used on for 4 years but in the 2 weeks I've had it I've used it loads,
Its in my solder box so its always next to my lamp, Its just piece of mind knowing your not going to knock your lamp over if your soldering a fitting with both hands

I just use this slices stored in the draw flux, paste, rag,burn barrier, solder and blow lamp all kept together.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 121
I never used on for 4 years but in the 2 weeks I've had it I've used it loads,
Its in my solder box so its always next to my lamp, Its just piece of mind knowing your not going to knock your lamp over if your soldering a fitting with both hands

how else do you solder, if not with one hand holding the solder the other the bottle?

how else do you solder, if not with one hand holding the solder the other the bottle?

Sometimes i'll solder up a section of pipe before fitting It so one hand holding pipe one hand holding solder and balance the bottle

An even better invention would be a small, hand held machine to separate the hard caramel revels from the rest of the bag.
Bloody nuisance those hard ones - especially on cold days when they seem even harder! To add to the problem, they are the same size and shape as the coffee ones, so not only do you get broken teeth, but you lose out on the satisfaction of a coffee revel at the same time. Double disappointment!

An even better invention would be a small, hand held machine to separate the hard caramel revels from the rest of the bag.
Bloody nuisance those hard ones - especially on cold days when they seem even harder! To add to the problem, they are the same size and shape as the coffee ones, so not only do you get broken teeth, but you lose out on the satisfaction of a coffee revel at the same time. Double disappointment!

NO! Coffee revels are the work of satan! Just when you think you are going to get a lovely refreshing hit of orange flavoured sugar, you get something that tastes like licking a plumbers merchants floor. Yuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to great idea in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back