Search the forum,

Discuss good manometer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
anyone got a digital manometer for sale? or know of a good one, have the small testo one at work , and don't think much of it! also which u gauge do you use? the glass regin one seems good, but expensive!

I've got the regin premiere, I think it's made out of acrylic, could be wrong tho, worth the money imo, would never bother with a seperate digital manometer as already got one on my FGA and don't want to pay recaliberation fees every year for another piece of equipment.

I just really really like using a traditional manometer over a digital any day of the week

+1 for the regin. Upto 45mb and easy to read and accurate

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got the small testo.
Its not great to be honest. Regin are good but the fluid in mine gets dirty so quickly, any tips on keeping it clean would be nice.

Another shout out for regin premiere. Would never consider anything else after eventually forking out the cash.

To my embarrassment I tried this also, unfortunately the dye ended up drying out and blocking the tubes.

It's a great manometer but the fluid is an extortionate price.

if you are putting red food dye in a regin its not going to be acurate, wrong sg. Correct fluid has sg of 1.88 which is how you get an 18inch gauge in a small package

to my embarrassment i tried this also, unfortunately the dye ended up drying out and blocking the tubes.

It's a great manometer but the fluid is an extortionate price.
when busy i get thru two bottles a year the guage is virtually spill proof

if you are putting red food dye in a regin its not going to be acurate, wrong sg. Correct fluid has sg of 1.88 which is how you get an 18inch gauge in a small package

In my defense it will still show if there is a pressure drop, I'm just not sure why the food colouring seemed like a good idea at the time!

Last edited by a moderator:
im looking for a bulkier one than the testo510 , don't like how flimsy it is.

I have a tpi one it's a bit like a brick but sturdy and well built :sorcerer:

I have a regin premier digital and a regin premier fluid. I trust the fluid one more than any digital..... The water can't lie

I've still got a glass one tho i nearly lost it this week it but she thawed out fine :smile:

Btw a wee shot of antifreeze in it and it is fine for the winter and yes i'm changing the specific gravity of the water so its not legal or totally accurate blah blah blah.

Since i'm bored with the telly i worked it out

20% ethyl glycol @sg 1.125 will give a reading of 20.5mb @60Âş when it should be 20mb with water.
Whoopy doo.

telly must be sh!te tam lol

Ist time i typed it i missed a 5 but hawk eye next to me noticed it and i corrected it :lol:

Lost my premier a few years ago to the big freeze, left it in the van.

Its ok - shes somebody elses :eek:

Kidding of course, artistic privileges of a forum lol

personally I use a 15 pound monument jobby as they can negative test too unlike the regin but if I misplace it in the lock up I us use my analyser equally I use my analyser when working for estate agents to give them the print out

and to be fair I only use the cheep one because I cant bring my self to pay for a premier 45 yet ha ha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to good manometer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The small glass panel is supposed to slide into the wall channel, and some holes in the side of the channel (inside the cubicle) should align with some...
Replies
Views
My parents are having a great deal of trouble with their Daryl Hydra shower due to this little plastic part being broken. It's the temperature spline - part number 204292, now discontinued. Has anyone had any luck finding anything that works as an alternative/3D printing a part (or by...
Replies
Views
I've had a spate of low pressure issues recently. MWP @ about 17.5mb Centrica engineers are a special breed but I couldn't take being told again that I was wrong so I asked the last one to prove the pressure was OK. The guy quite confidently passed me his basic u-gauge to confirm my digital one...
Replies
Views
Has anyone used WOWOW brand faucets? I happened to see this brand of faucets. The price is affordable and the quality seems to be good, but I am worried about some after-sales issues. Does anyone know this brand? Any advice?
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock