Search the forum,

Discuss Glow worm Boiler making loud noise in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi my boilers only a year old and 3 times now a strange loud noise keeps happening (I’ll attach video) . Heating and hot water working fine . If I turn it on and off it goes away but if I leave it it carries on for hours. ( I know this because I thought it must have been my neighbores one night ) . Does anyone know what is causing the noise ?

You had better get your engineer back to check. If not your boiler will be under warranty get them in.
difficult to diagnose a problem without all the details and just a noise.

Had this problem also with a Glow-Worm boiler. Wails like a beached whale, mostly in the early mornings, requiring a lot of switch offs before it settles down - eventually and starts ro work fine.
The noise is alarming though and is beginning to attract complaints from our neighbours.
Have had it regularly serviced (annually), system has a magnetic filter and inhibitor and costly replacemnet parts - but strill no improvement.
The regular service engineer just shrugs and says " Its a Glow-Worm" and suggest a complete replacement with a better brand.
Which I'm now going to do.
Won't be buying another Glow-worm.

Reply to Glow worm Boiler making loud noise in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to space for servicing and changing parts if ever needing to. I am finding my decision rather hard due to the different clearances on flue runs and cupboards...
Replies
Views
B
Hi All, I am a 16 year old school leaver (Sept 23) looking for a local company to take me on as an apprentice plumber. I live in Benfleet and am looking to join a plumbing and heating engineer 4 days a week whilst I attend College to gain my level 3 plumbing and heating qualifications. if...
Replies
Views
Billy Barnard
B
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock