Search the forum,

Discuss Gas Safe website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have used the Gas Safe website only a couple of times since it was introduced.

The main reason I dont use it is because I can never get passed the passwords, and I am completly fed up with getting a new one issued each time, but after some perseverance I am in,I am now trying to renew my registration on line and I am damned if I can find it in there

Anyone know how you renew online or how to find anything usefull in there,
can Gas Safe please make the website easier for me to use, miserable grumpy old sod that I am becoming

I have finally trawlled me way into the Gas Safe website and realised that there is absolutly no benefit to registering online this year as the price is the same as last year.

According to my renewal reminder

"there are a number of ways you can renew but renewing online is quick and easy and means all communications will be sent to you electronically - saving time and money. The registration fee from the first of April 2010 £175 plus VAT. We are again offering a discounted fee for online renewals of £155 plus Vat saving £20"

Is it me or does that sound like the renewal is cheaper next year or am I just getting wound up over nothing again

Sorry to disagree
I find web site Ok
Renewed a few weeks ago ,really easy,done in a few minutes,had no changes from last year,cards arrived the other day,maybe I was just lucky,doubt it,as I am not usually :(
they come in plastic holders now,so you can hang on your top if you like,with little cut out for the brail for the blind,think designed by Hugo Boss :)

I have forgot pass word a few times and they send new straight through,just file e mail with other memberships
They keep site up to date with any reg changes,easy to move about,all in all,think site can hold its own with others,can be improved but that is always the case, no matter what they do

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys have got to be joking!
'The password????' :eek:

Just choose your own password of whatever you want it to be, very simple to do, a 5 yr old can !!!

1/ Log in with the stupid password that they generate for you,
2/ Then On the left hand colum click 'SECURITY MAINTENANCE'
3/ Then Click 'NEW PASSWORD'
4/ Then Enter crap one(password) and then a new one (whatever you like) twice
5/ DONE! Easy........ you can now log in with your new password that YOU have choosen yourself,

'New password must contain at least 8 letter and 2 numbers'...

Simples.... ;)

One thing that does bug me about that site.

if you search under Gas Safe registered companies

>
Search by name

(eg/ if your researching or just having a nosey)

the search engine on the site is rubbish
Try it, its pretty useless!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe website in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock