Discuss Gas Safe for Eternity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 2053

Very distressing article in the news today about Capita's schools information management system sending a letter to the parents of a recently deceased teenager demanding their daughter improve her attendance at school OR ELSE.

Seems that this closes what may have been the last avenue of escape from the gas safe register!

oh dear. sad.

lets hope this is computer error, they happen...

but lets give them a chance as gas safe. we can judge them in a couple of months
otherwise a return to corgi. no ta.

shaun

I spent 30 years in the computer industry, and there is no such thing as a computer error. Only errors made by the people that write or manage the systems. But as you say, let's give Capita a chance. We haven't really much alternative.

this sort of thing is always gonna happen with computerised system which are designed for handling massive amounts of accounts billing notification etc
who would think of cross referencing deceased school children against there mail out lists
no one can forsee every eventuallity
this country is being run by lawyers and accountants nowadays we used to insure against accidents now we insure against liability the word accident should be removed from all dictionaries as there is now no such thing someone is almost always deemed liable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe for Eternity in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

GID1 Essential CORGI Gas Safety Manual - best selling 'foundation' gas installer manual continues to be an essential 'on the job' technical...
Replies
Views
R
I happened to sit my first CCN1 etc last week and there was a candidate who was currently a building surveyor. He had received one days in house...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Over the past 3 years I have studied, completed and obtained a Level 3 NVQ in Gas Utilisation. It is ACS aligned and recognised by Gas...
Replies
Views
J
I say 'engineers' but is that actually true in the strictest sense of the word? I guess that depends on how you interpret the work of a Plumber...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
A
I have only ever registered with gas safe but all the spiel when they took over was how they would be better value and a better service to...
Replies
Views
Back