Discuss Gas Safe Engineers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i couldnt care about giving advice to people and they hurt themselves. id still sleep at night but like croppie said if anything its another person that nerver calls a GSR to repair the job ! they fix one problem and when the next arises they will try and fix that ! and then there house needs a socket added here or there they will read up and do that ! then that wall under the window need skimming so they will do that ! your not only puttin yaself out of a job but a fair few other people too !

I went to a house, boiler, gas cooker and flueless fire.
Boss had to repair the boiler and service everything
I got the fire so i went to the fire, checked it over, took it apart and alarm bells rang when a plate was missing in the flue ways.

turned out the gas fire kept going out and the owner had read about a restricter plate causing the flame to burn out online.

it wasnt a restrictor plate, it was the catalytic converter!

since then I've been cagey explaining how things work to customers.

im with the mods, general public shouldn't get technical advice on boilers, gas runs or any gas appliance.
Im saying this and I'm not even gas safe yet!

I went to a house, boiler, gas cooker and flueless fire.
Boss had to repair the boiler and service everything
I got the fire so i went to the fire, checked it over, took it apart and alarm bells rang when a plate was missing in the flue ways.

turned out the gas fire kept going out and the owner had read about a restricter plate causing the flame to burn out online.

it wasnt a restrictor plate, it was the catalytic converter!

since then I've been cagey explaining how things work to customers.

im with the mods, general public shouldn't get technical advice on boilers, gas runs or any gas appliance.
Im saying this and I'm not even gas safe yet!

ive been to a job before for a boiler change and went to do tightness test etc the test nipple was missing the screw !! but to cover the hole was white tack ! ive got a picture somwhere ! basically the customer had read online on how to move his bayonet cooker point over so his new range cooker would be closer to the back wall ! he lost the screw for the test nipple and used white tack ! he orederd a new screw online and when my boss said the screw missing he said "yer ive ordered another one ill try and find it, keep meaning to put it back" turns out it had been like that for a few months !

some people are just dangerous ! and i wouldnt care if he blew himself up i really am heartless but its next door alos with there baby ! and its me and my boss who have lost out on £60 to move cooker point etc ! ill try and find the picture

cant really see but the big white blob is white tack !

IMG_3591.jpg

Probably lost the test nipple.

18_25912.jpeg

I lost one myself once but instead of doing whatever's happened there I called National Grid out and within 15 minutes they'd dropped a handful off for me. Was miles from any merchants so it worked out nicely.

Hi.. I just started my gas safe course and got asked, why do we do standing,working and burner pressure tests??

Hi.. I just started my gas safe course and got asked, why do we do standing,working and burner pressure tests??
Ask them to tell you, that's what they're there for.

Listen I was asking for help, nit telling you to believe me I dont care to be honest I was struggling and thought someone would be able to help but guess not!!!! Fool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Engineers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can work with so I can complete my portfolio. I have done level 2 and 3 tech cert along with bpec gas...
Replies
Views
Hi I am looking to gain practical experience with a certified gas engineer. I was in search of an engineer to work with accompanying them to...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock