Currently reading:
Gas Safe Engineers

Discuss Gas Safe Engineers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dotty

Please be very aware that this is an open forum.

Please take ALL gas related threads where you are discussing the technical and safety related repair of boilers into the Gas Safe Registered Engineers Sub Forum!

Thank you!

Well if you had blocked the vent then the custard would be getting a lovely bit of paper from a duplicate pad, think AT RISK, switching appliance off and then charging to relight and correct the grill would be all the education most punters need.

Not knowing possibly causes more accidents than information. In the gsr industry people seem largely not knowing about safety and do not see the reason for danger until you tell them. But the Gas Safety Register is supposed to help ensure peoples safety but possibly only if they know what they are being kept safe from. If a person thinks getting in a gsr fitter is going to cost them far more that they can afford and they think the job is easy based on not knowing they will probably have a go themselves. That is not promoting safe practices. By giving out information you are warning them as to the dangers, if they then go ahead and still do it, that problem is theirs. You at least tried to warn them it was not simple. Anyway they can always buy Torreys or Viper books they have been available for years to the general public. A GSR fitters job is to promote safety not form a secret club.

When has anyone thought a job was easy because they did not know how to do it. I dont know how to change the cam belt on an engine I dont therefore assume it is easy. I could go on the internet and learn how to do it from some you tube videos and possibly attempt it. Will I have the working experience to feel that something is not right or spot that I have done something wrong or missed something out no. Your analogies are ridiculous and I can no longer see the point in your continued argument. Can you explain to me what you want the outcome from your posts to be? I can save you time typing and inform you if it will happen or not.

Last edited:
He's been given a 2 week holiday for now. See how he views it when he comes back.

hi, need help with a question, open flued appliances has an input rating of 7kw and 70kw gross.
Need to found know how to get this into a single figure!!!

Apparently it is 21!! can someone please tell me how they get this figure..

Hopefully this makes senses...
Thanks, new on here and got know else to ask..

hi, need help with a question, open flued appliances has an input rating of 7kw and 70kw gross.

Please have a look at what you have typed cos it makes no sense at all.

Lost me.

Sorry guys it was a long day!!!
I'm trying to work out the ventilation need to an open flued appliance!! (gross)

I know to get nett I divide gross by 1.11 = net
Then -7(adventitious vent) and x by 5 gives me cmsq

But say if the appliance has a rating between 18kw and 22Kw. How do I get a figure to divide by 1.11???
Or am I missing something!!!

Thanks for reply's

signed up for it way back, just posted there but I'm screwed if I know how I found it or if I can find it again!!

hi protherm is doin my headin ive never work on this boiler look at the manual its no help no.. tech help line heating is fine when calling for hot water its not firing where is water flow sensor located healp will be much appreated thankz

My mother has got a problem with her boiler its sounds like there's something turning around in the in side of it and sounds like this tick tick tick when its turning does it sound something major thanks

Hi chaps, has anyone come across a boiler installation in one property but the flue termination in next doors property, i don't mean terminates across a boundary i mean the whole boiler flue is across the fence in another property

Hi chaps, has anyone come across a boiler installation in one property but the flue termination in next doors property, i don't mean terminates across a boundary i mean the whole boiler flue is across the fence in another property

you would think so , but the building inside goes beyond the boundary and the boiler is in a cupboard which is on the other side of the fence, very strange.in my estimation this is a no no and would have to be rectified as the fence boundary can't be moved. any thoughts

they'd be made to move it if neighbor complained and building control got wind i would have thought. not sure its particularly actionable if not.

so i would imagine its more of a building regs situation than a gas safe one ?

hi croppie i have sent my photos off the back and front of my card but i have not heard from yourselfes as yet ? is this done ones a month whating two be reconized told you about the spalling before sorry

Both forums confuse me but then again I'm new to all this. I'm up for anything that lets me tell them apart.

Please be very aware that this is an open forum.

Please take ALL gas related threads where you are discussing the technical and safety related repair of boilers into the Gas Safe Registered Engineers Sub Forum!

Thank you!
would be nice to find this gas safe forum;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas Safe Engineers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back