Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me all flueless gas fires are a waste of time as you put a massive great hole through the wall that everybody moans about even though you have told them 4 times that you have to have it!

To me all flueless gas fires are a waste of time as you put a massive great hole through the wall that everybody moans about even though you have told them 4 times that you have to have it!
Agreed.
Supposedly its 100% efficient and if you believe that you still have at least a 100cm² hole in wall.

are not most flueless things 100% efficient if your measuring the amount of heat produced entering the room its fitted in.

Then as soon as youve gone the cello tape comes out.

are not most flueless things 100% efficient if your measuring the amount of heat produced entering the room its fitted in.
If you are measuring the amount of heat that enters the room compared to an open flue appliance then you could say they are 100% efficient, but no combustion appliance can be truly 100% efficient in that it gives 100% combustion and no waste.
Anyway. You still need that big hole through your cavity insulated wall beside your triple glazed, solar reflective window though for that force 10 gale to blow through.

Then as soon as youve gone the cello tape comes out.

That's so true. I've only fitted a few but one always stick in my mind.

I got sent out to give them a quote measure up room etc. I got out there and before I started I said are you sure you want a flueless fire as you have to have a massive vent for them. "Yes we do that's ok about vent" it's on an outside wall what about a bf fire? "No we like this fire" I got my core vent out and said imagine a hole that size through your wall that you can't block up. "That's fine"

Went back and again said are you sure? "Yes we like the fire" so before fitting the fire I put the vent through. It was quite blowy outside and within 2 minutes of unpacking the fire they said "do we have to have that vent it's letting cold air in" yes you do I have warned you about that. "Well can we block it up?" No fitted fire went back next year for service and the vent is stuffed with newspaper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, My customer has a gas fire (Gazco Logic HE fire, about 10 years old). It's a slide control fire. The fire has become difficult to...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, Just a quick one, ive recently been asked to fit a new fire in a property, there was one in previously but was removed simply...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
I have a portable gas fire which keeps switching off. The pilot light lifts for 10 seconds, critically above the thermocouple and then the gas...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock