Discuss gas fire pipework update in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky

Hello all,
Dont know if anyone remembers the last thread on this subject about being asked to install a gas fire where the 15mm pipe was encased in concrete(aithough taped) where a "feature" brick fireplace has been built around where the pipe would drop.
A corgi fitter has since been and installed the fire no problem at all just saying that the pipework was "existing" so was apparently ok as it was??!:eek:

well have to say the corgi fitter that belongs to an orginisation no longer responsible for gas safety has done a dodgy install

Would there be any truth in because its existing pipework it would be acceptible? I should have said "gas safe" engineer!:confused::rolleyes:

It just goes to show that different fitters have varied understandings of what you can and cant do as far as gas regs are concerned! As in this example when some fitters from the same "gas safe" organisation think "existing pipework" be ok, and others say no! need to re carcass!

if your installing a new fireeverything has to be compliant, if not our man deserves an AR and riddor report at least, when it comes to a service

When i took out the old fire and capped it the customer said that the fire had not ever been out on a service! This is the same guy installing the new fire! Existing pipework..... thats fine!! Interesting to see if they are given a cert???:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas fire pipework update in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock