Discuss fluid master ball valves and flush valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

dont know if any of you guys use these but i went over to them 4 years ago when torbeck were having problems,to date none gone wrong converted a 30 year old sky blue wc today and its totally tranformed [as much a makeover as a bog can have!]i now get them via screwfix a ballvave +flushvalve cant remember what i paid bought 10 packs £15 each:) i think.you can even buy a pro version with a brass shank for pros like us :) the only thing that can happen is the float can get stuck on the cistern but a 22mm stand off clips on the top of the valve and stops this

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Gas man , I have used Fluidmaster fill valves and like you think they are good , but I have never used one of their flush valves ( the ones with the flapper on a chain ) I seem to remember in the past someone said they could be troublesome so I have avoided them . I know they look nice and simple , but I have not tried them .
I usually use an old fashioned syphon valve like a Dudley , am I living in the past ?????

hi verdigrey,no these are not flappers cable operated valve,i have hag problems with the flappers mainly the button is hard to push for the old age this new valve is a cable push button drop valve,and its good quality

Hi Gas man , I have used Fluidmaster fill valves and like you think they are good , but I have never used one of their flush valves ( the ones with the flapper on a chain ) I seem to remember in the past someone said they could be troublesome so I have avoided them . I know they look nice and simple , but I have not tried them .
I usually use an old fashioned syphon valve like a Dudley , am I living in the past ?????
do you use a 3 part or one part dudley?cistern off job when it fails with a one part[if its close coupled]

Last edited by a moderator:
I always fit the Fluidmaster as replacement valves - have always found them reilable - good old American engineering!

The Macdee valves are OK. I have had a few problems with the Wirquin Jollyfill valves.

Sorry Gas man , see what you mean now . I have looked in my B.E.S. catalogue and seen the Fluidmaster drop valve with cable and button , its cheaper than the Multikwik type do you know how it compares ?
Yes I fit the type of Dudley syphon that has detachable top for ease of future repair .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fluid master ball valves and flush valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back