Discuss Flue into Chimney in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mckizz

I have recently bought a house which has an old back boiler with a horrible CEF. Im not planning on removing this myself but want to remove both the fire and fireplace, but obviously will have to remove the back boiler aswell, i have a cupboard adjacent to the chimney breast and would like to have a new condenser boiler placed here if possible, to avoid have lots of new pipes etc to save on the budget. does any1 know if it is possible to have the boiler placed here with the flue running up the chimney, which i assume will have a lining due to the current back boiler.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks

get a new baxi condensing back boiler it comes with a electirc fire 2 you will have to run a new flue liner

do you mean your airing cupboard upstairs, the boiler could be fitted there and a new vertical flue installed through the roof.
no need for the use of the chimney breast for the boiler allowing you to fit a fire aswell.

Glen Dimplex do a boiler which has a flue assembly which can be fitted inside a chimney, i'm sure there will be others as well, check out their website for flue options

Thank you! I think I will look into havin the boiler placed in the storage cupboard with the flue up the chimney! Then I can get rid of the horrible fire and fireplace (not a big fan of fireplaces)

Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue into Chimney in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my...
Replies
Views
Looking for a flue extender for a Protherm 60-80CI boiler. House is having external wall insulation and needs flue extending to avoid a new...
Replies
Views
N
Have this boiler since last November and have given up on the installer and have another person coming this week. Supplier here in Ireland came...
Replies
Views
noxyireland
N
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a...
Replies
Views
We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock