Discuss Flue gas analysis on Worcester Bosch QUERY!????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hello guys, looking for some advice from service engineers out there about the old Worcester boiler range, e.g. the 35 CDi RSF approx 2002 era!!
My query is, where do i stick the gas analyser!!! All the boiler has is a "flue gas sample point" with a red cap on it! My analyser wont fit in there ever, what use is it!?? I can see the manual has CO2 readings, but the flue is too high up to go up a ladder safely!!
How are u guys doing it!? and what tool will take readings from the sample point? the manual says stick probe in 50mm !???
Help!!!
Thanks

Well most would be happy with gas rate,burner pressure and flame visual on this boiler,as said if you wish and low level can fit probe through flue

However if you were doing a lot of these boilers and wanted to do a analyser test on high level models would not be surprised if worcester do an attachment or you could make a probe up,as we did in the old days

imho

Combustion products test point located on the top of the case. The metal probe from your test kit will not fit. Put a flexible tube over the test point and connect it to your test meter. Its worth doingas flame picture only gives you a rough guide to good combustion.

Thanks for the replies, Yes i agree checking the gas rates and pressures plus flame picture will tell us if the boiler is burning "clean" .. I just wondered how Worcester expect us to get a flue sample of CO2 from such a small access cap!?
I dont see how extending the sample point will help me!?
I will ask worcester, they are normally pretty good with queries... Thanks guys.

Think he means use some rubber hose from your U guage? I think! So you attach that to the probe on the analyser.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, I will give it ago next time.
I thought the flue gasses had to flow past the analyser probe to get a nice reading.. but i will see!!

Think he means use some rubber hose from your U guage? I think! So you attach that to the probe on the analyser.

Hope this helps.

I use a Kane 425 which has a flexible silicone hose and fitting for this purpose. You have the same fitting on the Ideal Icos and Isar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flue gas analysis on Worcester Bosch QUERY!????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock